Covenants can be customized for individual churches. A copy of our covenant will be sent to you as email attachment. Focus your coaching goals or mentoring hopes, and returned the signed covenant to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our commitment is to participate in a 60-90 minute Skype conversation, once a month, at a day and time convenient for both of us. Hopefully we can make this a regular date, but it will need to be flexible for your busy schedule and my travel commitments. In between Skype calls, we can share unlimited email. Conversations may be with an individual church leader, or with a leadership team.
www.Skype.com is a free conferencing service. It uses our computers much like a telephone. It allows me to share documents and images from my screen to your monitor. In order to use it effectively you must have a quality headset and computer monitor. (External portable speakers, multi-directional table microphone, and external large monitor are needed for team coaching)
Our covenant will be renewed in 6-month blocks of time, allowing each party to renegotiate as circumstances change.
- Pray regularly for you and your community of faith;
- Focus on your unique personality, calling, and context;
- Help you focus personal learning and performance goals and hold you accountable for completion;
- Explore issues of spirituality, personal mission, and professional direction;
- Maintain a log of our conversations, highlighting breakthroughs and challenges;
- Help you in reflection, planning, and problem solving.
- Pray regularly for the church universal and your emerging leaders;
- Focus personal growth and learning goals;
- Complete any “homework” in between sessions and forward via email;
- Prepare to express yourself as honestly and clearly as possible;
- Maintain a log of our journal of growth and learning between sessions;
- Read the two books described below;
It takes several sessions to build mutual understanding and trust. I request that you read the following books that are all available through www.Amazon.com
Helping Each Other Find Meaning and Purpose
GPS: Global Positioning for the Soul
Empowering People to Do What Matters
These will introduce you to my way of thinking and the basic principles I apply to mentoring and coaching.